Indoor Track & Field States Their Claim to the Podium
Thirteen members of the Boys and Girls Indoor Track Team travelled to the Virginia Beach Sports Complex for the VHSL State Championships. Our student-athletes earned medals and personal best times. Congratulations on a great season.
- Senior Julia Dial scored 18 points, taking home the Triple Jump State Championship. She also won a Bronze Medal in the Long Jump (personal best jump) and finished 7th place in the 55m.
- Junior Rami Dib took home a 6th place medal in the 1000m (personal best run).
- The Boys 4X200 relay (Jacob Dial, Seth Edenhart, Noah Gizzarelli and Andreas Hill) earned an 8th placing with a time of 1:31.45 (new school record)
- Junior Andreas Hill ran a personal best and the 4th fastest time in the 55h prelims to qualify for the Finals.
- Junior Nikita Fuller ran a new personal best in the 55h.
- The Girls 4×400 relay (Caroline Knowles, Alessandra Cordova, Camille Clarke and Julia Dial) ran a great 4×400 relay.